Thursday, 10 October 2013

TEASER ...

Hello fine people! Today is a day for celebration ...

I handed in the final edits on my picture book manuscript and a sample of the final artwork so the design department can see the direction I'd like to take the illustrations in. Now I get to sit back and relax while I await feedback on the rough illus and art sample ... Kidding (about relaxing, that is), I actually have to get back to work after I finish writing this post on another top secret project. Haha ... the life of an author / illustrator!

I am very excited about this project (which must still remain unnamed) because it will be my very first picture book! A picture book with sequential elements! It is a story that is very close to my heart and I'm working with an awesome publisher, a super incredible art director, and two of the greatest editors a girl could ever wish for. And I know from experience that this combo, and this combo only, of good people and shared excitement produces amazing books. So this book is going to be amazing. End of story.

Behold, a sample of the final art for your eyes only ... Enjoy!

Two Wolves and a Bird

3 comments:

  1. End of story... sounds like the beginning of an awesome story to me. Can't wait for more. When? At least you can say when it will come out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look and feel of it already Willow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, thanks for the lovely comments! It will arrive in 2015. No exact date yet but I'll post more when I have it. I'm pretty excited!

    ReplyDelete