Monday, 9 April 2012

Rapunzel

I've uploaded a brand new illustration to my site! Here she is...


Rapunzel



Rapunzel is inspired by Angela Carter's book The Bloody Chamber which was recommended to me by my wonderful agent Ali as research for a graphic novel proposal I'm currently putting together called Bird Girl. I hope to have Bird Girl ready to show publishers by Summer's end or early Fall, so stay tuned for more details and sketches as this unfolds.

I've been pretty obsessed with Fairytales for most of my life, especially the older versions, which tended to be more violent and bloody. One of my dream projects would be to one day illustrate a huge book of them. Maybe even more than one book! Hmm...

Well, hope you all enjoy this one! As I said, there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment